Sunday, February 19, 2006

Very Lazy Sunday




Lovely, lazy Sunday here. We all got up, threw on some clothes and walked down to our new discovery - The Village Deli. It's a little coffee house/cafe/deli and just the kind of slightly shabby establishment I love. Not quite Magnolia Cafe (which is unfortunately no longer so shabby) but a decent substitute. We had a relaxed breakfast over the papers. Tobes had the 'Little Cowboy' breakfast - sausage, beans, kidneys and an English muffin. J had mushrooms and egg on a bun (plus Toby's kidneys) and I had the 'Continental' - juice, coffee, cheese, ham, some baguette and a croissant. Rosie had baby formula.

Afterwards we walked around the organic farmer's market and bought some bits and pieces for lunch - some tiny quiches, a ginger cake, some fresh strawberry and apple juice and some farmer's butter. Very excited about the butter. I don't think it will match Woolley Grange's but it's so much better than the store-bought stuff. (I don't do margarine.)

Then we came home and Tobes and J made a train out of some boxes we had from the bathroom delivery while Rosie and I sorted through her clothes. She's already out-grown all the 0-3 months stuff, is well into her 3-6 month clothes and will very soon be in the 6-9 months. Now, J is asleep on the couch, Tobes and I are stuffing ourselves with ginger cake and the old Willy Wonka with Gene Wilder is on the telly. And did I mention that it's raining? A perfect Sunday.

Just to spice things up a little, here are a couple of the pics from my 'nude' photo shoot. I was really pleased with the outcome but now that the hormones are wearing off I can't believe I did it! So glad I did, but my goodness.

AND, I don't think I've mentioned that the magazine which we're in has come out. The photo is terrible and the interview is virtually made up. We did a long interview about all kinds of things but the final product is very condensed and parts of it are completely fictional. I guess that's the way these things work. Some of it is a bit embarrassing but, again, I blame the post-pregnancy hormones. If you're interested it's the March issue of Eve magazine, the article entitled 'Are You in the Same Marriage' and that's my hand on page 53 holding the tacky red knickers.

3 comments:

eBeth said...

ooh - now i want to know what parts are made up? I have the article as a pdf (I scanned it and sent it to my mom - sorry, but you're the only famous people i know!) let me know if you want it.
:)

Nikki B said...

elizabeth, I want it!!!

I had a lazy sunday as well. I'll call you tomorrow to tell you all about it. Glad you had such a great day!

eBeth said...

nikki, email me at ebeth@elizabethdunne.com and I'll get happily mail it to you. :)