Monday, February 26, 2007

Good weekend and good friends



Finally found the USB cable for the camera and I've downloaded all of the photos. I just need to get them onto shutterfly now but here's a couple to liven up the blog. Getting very bare here.

Great weekend. I met up with Jenny in town on Saturday. We had brunch at the National Portrait Gallery restaurant overlooking Trafalgar Square. It was very nice but they do that thing where they pile all the food into a little tower which I do find a bit poncey when it's plain old egg and bacon. Afterwards we walked around the gallery then went over to Covent Garden to do a little shopping.
Went in Neal's Yard Dairy and bought some cheese. I love this place. You can smell it a block away but I love smelly cheese so it's like heaven to me. I got a really unusual cheese called Ardrahan and some quince paste to go with it. I bought some lovely Staffordshire oatcakes too and had them for lunch today. Fantastic.
Then we wandered around, popped into Mac and window shopped. I bought some really cute silver ballerinas that look like toe shoes and a T-shirt for Tobes that says "Sowf London". Jenny splurged on some Mac lip glosses and brushes and a really cute fairy top for Kate. We had a quick lunch and decided to walk back to Charing Cross. Somehow we got turned around and ended up at the British Museum. Not sure how we managed that. Look at a map of London and you'll see what I mean.
Sunday morning J left for a business trip to India and the kids and I headed out to Bluewater. The children have both had growth spurts recently and look like little orphans with their sleeves halfway up their arms and highwater trousers. Rosie's tops barely cover her belly so I finally had a big shop and bought them a bunch of new clothes. I guaranteed Toby's good behaviour by taking them to see Charlotte's Web once the shopping was done (and yes I cried my eyes out when Charlotte died). I even bought some new Converse for me since my old ones are embarrassingly tatty.
Now we're into our week and we've got the usual stuff plus some coffees with other mums and a swimming date with one of Rosie's little friends. Elizabeth is a single mum this week too so we're all getting together tomorrow night for sausage and mash and general jollity. Looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Nikki B said...

that's a gorgeous picture of Rosie!!!!

eBeth said...

i remember when your converse were new!
looking forward to tomorrow night! :)