Sunday, August 14, 2005

Well, J left for Australia and Tasmania yesterday. He's away with work for almost two weeks and I've been dreading this trip for ages. I've been sleeping so terribly and having awful nightmares. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink while he was away but it seems the pregnancy makes staying awake impossible. It wasn't the best sleep of my life last night but it was fine.

Tobes and I are going to fill the next few days visiting friends and J's Mum is coming to stay with us. Then we're off to Cambridge for a few days and then J will be home. I hope the time flies.

I've lined up some 'busy work' to keep myself occupied. I'm going to address the birth announcements, finish some admin on the car, finally post Toby's birthday thank you cards, chase up all the house stuff, order the new stroller, find a new yoga class, etc, etc.

While Brenda is here I thought we'd go to Bluewater and Blackheath so I can show her the new flat. I'm looking forward to spending some time in Cambridge too. Tobes and I will definitely go to The Orchard for breakfast one day. It's one of my favourite places in the world. When I die I'd love to have my ashes scattered there. I'd like to take Toby out on a punt too, chauffered of course. I can just see me trying to punt and overbalancing my big belly. We'd all end up in the river. Cambridge is just so lovely. Can't wait to wander through those cobbled streets again.

So, the time should pass quickly. I miss J already though. He called from his layover in Bangkok and everything was fine. The BA flight had NO CATERING but they were warned about that before boarding and given some vouchers to stock up at the airport. They were also feeding everyone in Bangkok so it sounds like it wasn't too much of a hardship. J's flying business class so he has a bed and said he slept most of the way so he didn't miss the food.

Ho hum, off to find something to do on this quiet Sunday.

1 comment:

eBeth said...

wish i'd known... we were at bluewater yesterday. :) if you need anything whilst J's away, don't hesitate to call!