Grandma died last night. The funeral is on Wednesday at 2.00. We leave for Disneyland on Thursday morning at 9.00. After some soul searching and talking to Mom we've decided that we'll have to miss the funeral. Mom said that Grandma knew how I felt about her and that I couldn't break Toby's heart by cancelling Disney. I think she's right.
So on Wednesday at 2.00pm (8.00pm GMT) if you could spare a thought for my Grandma, Versie McClendon, I would be most grateful.
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
grandmas are very special. cry your tears, feel so sad, but then begin to remember the good times you had together all of your life. life goes on with hurts, tears and distance from family. it is the bond of families that makes going on easier in the days to come. nancy
Katherine, I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's never easy, especially when you're so far away from home. Please let me know if you need anything.
Deepest symapthies on your loss
When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room
Why cry for a soul set free!
Miss me a little, but not for long,
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love we once shared,
Miss me, but let me go!
For this is a journey we all must take,
And each must go alone;
It’s all a part of the Master’s plan
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know,
And bury your sorrow in doing
Good deeds,
Miss me, but let me go.
Post a Comment