
Look at that sweet face. Who would think that such an angelic boy could drive an adult woman slowly insane? It's Friday and Toby is back at school on Monday. Here's a quick recap of our halfterm:
Monday - Bank holiday so J was off work. Went into town. Had a lovely lunch at the National Portrait Gallery restaurant overlooking Trafalgar Square then walked around the galleries. When we left it was pouring with rain so we ran around the square to Waterstone's and looked at books for a while. Decided to get a coffee at Costa and bumped into Ken Livingston, Mayor of London. He was there for Africa Day which was going on in Trafalgar Square. Lovely man. So charming.
Tuesday - Had the new carpet put down so I took the kids off into Lewisham to run errands while J stayed to oversee the work. I generally don't like Lewisham. It seems there's always a 'violent crime' sign up when we go there. This time it wasn't so bad. We went to a little cafe in the shopping centre, more what the English would call a caff and the Americans would call a greasy spoon. Lewisham is one of those places that has seen better days and is now full of immigrants and the elderly. I think we were the only people both under 60 and speaking English which was interesting. Rosie started playing with another little girl whose mother was wearing a jilbab and veil. Obviously a common site in London but it struck me that day how accustomed to the various cultural differences I've become and that the children don't notice them at all.
Wednesday - Went to Canary Wharf for lunch with Elizabeth and Mary Catherine. That's MC in the photo with Tobes and many thanks to Elizabeth for sending me the pic. I still can't find the camera and it's driving me crazy. After lunch we went to the bookstore and then Tobes entertained us with a Power Rangers show on the little stage in the Jubilee Centre. I think he entertained quite a few people judging from the smiles.
Thursday - In the morning we went to Costa and saw Marija and James. The boys jumped around the coffee house playing Power Rangers and begging Matteas for marshmallows. After we got home Toby's friend from school, Max, and his little brother Eddie came over for lunch and to play. Their Mum had a baby girl last week so I had the boys for the afternoon to give her some peace and quiet. They were fantastic and played together really well, though they did adopt a no girls policy which almost broke Rosie's heart. I managed to entertain her though. Poor little thing.
Friday - Today we got up early and headed out to see the new Shrek 3 movie. We bought our sweets and drinks, went into the designated cinema... to find the new Pirates movies playing. I went out to ask the ticket guy where Shrek was and he looked at my tickets and pointed out that they were for next month! I had bought them online and really screwed up at some point in the process. So we headed over to Starbucks, walked around the mall a bit, Rosie gagged on a gum drop and threw up so I had to buy her a new top and change her clothes. After that it was time to go home. This afternoon we made Dora the Explorer fairy cakes and watched Night at the Museum. And that is the end of halfterm!!
1 comment:
Buy a new camera!
There are many muslim women here in Sachse and Murphy shopping at the grocery stores and what not.
Post a Comment