Monday, June 18, 2007



I'm flying to Prague on Friday and today I did the thing I often do before a trip - freak out and go shopping. I'm really looking forward to seeing Nikki but I must admit that I'm feeling a little nervous about meeting her theatre friends. I feel like I'm going to stick out as the Frumpy Old Mum of the group. So, what's the best way to boost a girl's self esteem? Buy some stuff.

Today I bought the skirt above and some gorgeous sandals. The skirt is a bit Holly Hobbie in the 70s (Google her now, she's come a long way!) but I seem to be getting into the boho, vintage vibe just as it's passing out of fashion. I need to check the weather in Prague but I'm planning to pack jeans, my new skirt, T-shirts, vests and my maxi dress. I'm sure you wanted to know that.

In other news, Toby seems to have gone completely freakin' ape shit. I don't know what has gotten into the boy. He's calling everyone names, being incredibly rude and tonight he actually spat in my face! Thankfully it isn't completely constant and we still get glimpses of the sweet boy we know but he's definitely going through something. I talked to him about it tonight and he said that sometimes he doesn't like Rosie because she scribbles on his drawings so I'm guessing that sibling rivalry is at least part of the problem. I think some of his friends at school are a little on the rambunctious side and Tobes is picking up some bad habits. I would assume that he's passed on a few bad habits too and that this is just all a part of growing up. Completely exhausting.

1 comment:

eBeth said...

Mary Catherine has a best friend at school who is less than stellar influence.. they're being separated next year! So I totally feel your pain..

Something must be in the air - because MC has been horrid lately as well. I wonder if it's lack of sleep due to the extra daylight..