Friday, February 15, 2008

American passport - done

Rosie is once again a passport-carrying American citizen. Or at least she will be in two weeks when her new passport arrives in the post. It took about two hours at the embassy to get it all sorted out which wasn't so bad.

We did have to stand in the slowest moving line on earth to hand in our paperwork. They had some TV screens set up with BBC News 24 playing (I would've thought they'd go for CNN but whatever). The story about the shooting in Illinois came on and I heard the guy behind us say to his wife "I bet it was a Texan. They're crazy."

Afterwards we had a terrible lunch at a pub in Mayfair. It was really, really bad. The kind of food that tourists have because they think it's authentic and then go home saying how bad the food is in England. I promise, English food is much better than that. Then we walked around Selfridge's for a while and I organised a new watch strap for me.

I love, love, love my watch but the strap is black and I think it'll look too heavy in the spring and summer. I wanted to get a light tan one but the sales assistant said it wouldn't suit the silver colour so I chose a blue one instead. It's soooo lovely but they only have one of the straps in the whole of the UK and it's in the Bond Street shop. That works out well though. Toby has halfterm next week so we can arrange to meet my friend Natasha for lunch at the Royal Academy, go see the new Russian exhibition and get my new strap fitted. I can't wait!

2 comments:

nana puddin said...

HI K! LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN WHEN YOU GET TO TX, AND MEETING YOUR FAMILY.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha a crazy Texan, I guess he refers to the ones that have gun racks in the rear window of their pickups