Thursday, February 21, 2008

Excerpt from my bedtime chat with Toby

"I really miss Daddy because he's funny and even when he knows a magic trick isn't really magic he still says 'Wow!' and he always gives us a clap and does stuff with us but you don't. You're always cooking or tidying up or on the computer. You know I used to like you more than Daddy but now I like Daddy most. Maybe I'll love you again next year."

This was all said in a very matter-of-fact tone of voice and it broke my heart a little bit but I do understand. A five year old boy needs his Daddy. I said that was fine and I understood and I still loved Toby more than any other boy in the world and then he wanted to talk about why sleepy dust is like bogeys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least he gave you a time line for improvment and didnt just dismiss you. I know Harrison told Carla once that she was FIRED! it was the funniest thing I have ever heard.