Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Got the jetlag, run down, post-holiday blues...

I'm trying to dig myself out of a slump. I'm feeling blue. I now it's part post-holiday sadness, part jetlag exhaustion and part return-to-real-life slog so I'm just trying to ride it out. I'm not very good with change or the unknown and we're about to enter a big phase of both and I know that's on my mind too. (More about that once details are finalised and no, I'm not pregnant).

I'm just trying to suck it up and go through the motions until I feel better. Toby is back at school today and J is out with Rosie so I have a little quiet time. I'm also feeling the effects of almost a month spent 24 hours a day with the children and a lot of that spent taking care of them when they were ill. I'm drained and homesick. Not a great combination.

As for the change and uncertainty, well it's happening. I don't want to stop it happening but that doesn't mean I won't worry about it. I generally like to worry about things way ahead of time, then when the crucial moment arrives I can deal with it with some perspective. The problem with the unknown is that I don't know exactly what I need to worry about so I just worry about everything. Does that make sense? I blame my McClendon heritage for this particular character trait.

So to recap - I'm sad, homesick, tired and worried about everything. Yea, that about sums it up.

No comments: