Made it home about 1pm yesterday. Everyone was so tired. J and I sorted through a mountain of mail, unpacked most of the bags, ordered pizza then the kids and I went to bed at 5pm. I woke up at 11pm, used the bathroom, got a drink, called Mom, checked my email and went back to bed. The kids woke up about midnight and were up until just after 3am when we finally passed out again. Jason had stayed up to wait for the grocery order and he went to bed about midnight in the children's room and slept through. The kids and I woke up at noon.
I know we should be more strict about sleeping and waking to get over the jet lag but I'm just too tired to fight it. Apart from the time change, I'm also dealing with a sleep deficit from a week of chicken pox. I was up and down all night at Mom and Dad's and that on top of the jet lag is really kicking my butt. I'm sitting here yawning as I type.
Everything at the house is fine. Karen, our cleaner, had been coming in every week to check everything, clean and so some other odd jobs so we came back to a sparkling clean and tidy house. Even though I washed all our clothes at Mom and Dad's the hamper here is already full (how did that happen?) and we've got half unpacked bags and stuff all over the place. Toby is back at school on Tuesday so I need to get his uniforms sorted out. I've had three emails about next month's school fair and we've got a playdate tomorrow afternoon with Joe. Life picks up where it left off.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment