Sunday, October 12, 2008

What we're doing right now...

It's an amzingly summery day. The children are in the garden playing. We've let Indy out for the first time and the one of the first things he did was try to jump on a waterlily and got soaking wet in the frog pond. Now he's sitting on the garden path trying to lick himself clean.

I'm making dinner - mushroom stroganoff, sausages (because I know the children won't eat much stroganoff), broccoli and rice. I'm also trying not to worry about Jason who is now over halfway through the marathon in Chicago. I watched the live coverage online until it ended when the male and female winners finished the race. They kept talking about the heat and the toll it takes on the body, the risk of heat exhaustion, etc, etc. Not really what I wanted to hear.

Jason and Kellie are wearing microchips so I'm getting email updates as the pass certain milestones in the race. They're both doing really well so far. I see that Jason has a slower pace than on his 10ks but the heat doesn't help and I'm sure he's pacing himself. Kellie is only three minutes behind him so she's doing really well. Hopefully training in the Texas heat is helping her today.

So, that's what we're doing. Playing, cooking and worrying a little bit.

No comments: