Friday, April 22, 2005

Probably not a good sign

Our cleaner of over two years, Karen, came on Wednesday and Toby and I walked over to the grocery store while she was here. When we came back Karen was hoovering downstairs and I could sense an air of tension. Eventually she shut off the hoover, looked at me suspiciously and asked if 'someone else' had been cleaning the house. I explained that we had a viewing the night before and I had done some dusting and cleaning. She looked at me as if I was speaking Greek then said in very dubious tones 'You cleaned?'. I was finally able to reassure her that yes, quite miraculously I had cleaned my own house.

It reminded me of late last year when we went to Jenny and Kieran's and their little boy Jack had a toy hoover. Toby picked it up and I could see that he was confused as to what to do with it. I said 'It's a hoover like Mommy uses to clean the house.' Nope, still looks of confusion. 'Like Karen uses to clean the house.' Ahhhh! The light went on and he proceeded to hoover the carpet.

Must make more of an effort.

No comments: