Wednesday, April 06, 2005

San Diego wins

Nikki's visit went very well and the visit to St Martins accomplished its goal - she made her decision. Unfortunately, the decision was San Diego. Oh well, I do understand her choice. The London theatre design program is very theoretical. The students don't even build a set. The UC program is very hands-on and Nik will get a lot of valuable experience. The good news is that we'll be going out to San Diego within the next three years to visit. They have a Sea World and, of course, the great zoo so I know Tobes will love it.

Nikki left yesterday and I've felt a bit sad. It was a quick trip but we had a nice day in London. Tobes and I saw the mummies at the British Museum while Nikki was at the school then we all met up for edamame, gyoza and ramen for lunch before hitting the shops on Regent Street.

On her last night we had a tough night with Tobes. His cough has gotten worse and none of us have been getting much sleep. So we went back to the docs and this time Toby was prescribed an inhaler. Last night was the first unbroken sleep I've had in about four months. Thank goodness.

AND we've decided to put the house on the market immediately. I think we're both tired of just talking about it. The kitchen still needs to be finished but it's just a matter of painting and a few tweaks. We're looking at some properties in Blackheath on Saturday including a four-bed house which would be pretty amazing. I don't know what we'd do with all those rooms! I did speak to the estate agent about The Flat and it's been taken off of the market. The owners decided to stay there and sold another property they had outside of London. They were in their 30s and I do wonder if they had that 'we can't have children in the city' frame of mind. I'm sure Tobes running around the place, and any other families that looked at the flat, soon changed their minds. It was a great place but looks like it's not going to be ours.

No comments: