24 hours from now we'll be somewhere over the northeastern US. We leave for Texas tomorrow. I've been packing like crazy since yesterday but I'm sure I'll forget something. As long as we've got the passports and Rosie's milk everything else is expendable.
Before a big trip I always like for the 'last supper' to be a little special. Today I took Tobes and Rosie out for our 'last lunch'. I let Toby choose the venue and he picked Pizza Express. Tobes had the black olive pizza and Rosie and I split a chicken salad (she ate all the chicken). I would've had a pizza but I knew I would be sharing with Rosie and, with her allergies, the salads are all she can eat at Pizza Express. Oh well, Rosie saved me a few calories.
We came home, did loads of laundry, finished the packing and now I'm going to sit and read some of the tabloid mags I bought for Jon & Angie. This time tomorrow night (well, plus the time difference and everything) I'll be sitting at my mother's kitchen table eating a pimento loaf sandwich. On white bread. With Miracle Whip. Ahhhh, home.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Will that bread be Mrs. Baird's bread by chance? There is no Mrs. Baird's in Minnesota. I miss that bread...
Post a Comment