Saturday, March 24, 2007

Boredom and photos







I've been feeling something that I haven't felt in a very long time... bored. I think it's partly since I joined myspace and I've been reading about what some of my old friends are up to these days. One is an actor and is currently making an action movie with Dolph Lundgren, one is racing bikes and just moved to Trinidad, others are just out there having fun. Now, I know that I'm not getting the whole picture. Myspace is not the place where you hang out your dirty laundry, it's where you do your best to shine because who knows who may be looking. But still, it made me stop and think.

I've been incredibly happy wrapping myself up in domesticity for the last five years. It's what I've always wanted and I've more than embraced it but I do miss fun. I'm not talking playing with the children, laughing with J kind of fun. I get a lot of that. I'm talking cut loose, grown up, dressed up, dancing your butt off, laughing your head off, drinking your ass off until the sun rises fun. I've been trying to remember the last time I did that and it was in Tokyo before I fell pregnant with Toby so it must've been before October 2002. That is so depressing.

The problem is that I've been out of circulation so long I wouldn't even know where to begin. Who to go with? What to do? Where to do it? It's not like when I was working and there was a built-in group of people to go out with on a Friday night. Ho hum. Something to think about.

Anyway, I've attached a few photos from the last few days. There's a couple of Toby and Rosie playing on the instruments at the Horniman Museum on Tuesday. Yes, those are little skulls and crossbones on Rosie's dress (Nik, I thought you would like that.). The scarf isn't just Rosie trying to be cool. She's teething and drooling like crazy so the scarf is a fashion statement with a purpose - soaking up spit. Then there are a couple of photos of Tobes getting his hair cut and a couple taken this morning at Costa. We bumped into Toby's friend James with his parents and sat and had coffee together. The boys looked so cute playing at the window that I had to nip outside and take their picture.

Tomorrow we have a fourth birthday party and a naming ceremony for Pete and Philippa's little boy, Joseph, so it'll be a busy day. I hope to get some photos of us together when we're all scrubbed up for the parties.

2 comments:

eBeth said...

katherine.. you know Andrew and I have been out clubbing a few times in the last three months and it's been AMAZING getting back out there and being adult and doing things we used to do BC (that's before children).

We are lucky to have a sitter who will do super late nights/early mornings! You and Jason should try it one night - if you like, I'll come sit for you until the wee smalls?

I gotta tell you - the late nights are a blast, but the lack of sleep and plunge back into parenthood the next morning is ROUGH! :)

Nikki B said...

Here's what we'll do: In prague, we'll leave J at the hotel with the babies one night and you and I will go out dancing and try a few bars while we're there. I'll start investigating some hot spots.