
So, I did the second half of filming for the TV show yesterday. Needless to say the slim patch is no miracle diet aid. They did some individual interviews and hopefully I'll be on TV and won't look like a total doofus.
I was paid in cash after filming and went straight to Oxford Street and spent the lot! I had lunch at the 5th floor restaurant of Waterstone's at Piccadilly then hit the shops. I bought the cute little dress above at Top Shop and a few other bits and pieces for J and the babies. It's so interesting being in Top Shop midweek when you see all the silver-haired sugar daddies with their sweet young things grabbing everything in sight. The Kate Moss collection was like a tangled mass of hair extensions and fake tan as girls came close to punching each other over the hotpants. It was something to see.
Today I finally booked a hall for Toby's party, ordered the napkins, invites, etc and even found a company that can provide entertainment AND a Power Ranger (Andrew, you're off the hook). I also booked the carpet layer to come and do the carpets, got a quote for a storage unit and moved the bedroom furniture around to accomodate Toby's new bed. The children like to sleep together but their rooms are too small for a double bed so we bough a trundle that pops up to make a full size bed. That way they can sleep together and we can put the trundle away during the day. It's been a busy day but we still managed to go to the park after school. It seems to be a Friday tradition because virtually every child in Toby's class was there too.
And speaking of Toby's class, I got the class list today in order to do the party invitations. It's such an interesting mix of children. From the very British - Hermione, Hugo and Archie. To the more exotic foreign families - Habeebah, Solar, Kouros. And the straightforward traditional names - Edward, Emily and Hannah. Going to be nice to get to know them all.
1 comment:
I saw that name Hahbeebah and it made me think of the movie "click" where Rob Scheinder plays the arab guy Hahbeeboo and everyone misprounces it.
Post a Comment