Saturday, November 10, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

So much has been going on! We went to Cambridge at the end of Toby's half-term for Rosie's birthday. Jason's parents couldn't make it in the end so we had Rosie's party at a local restaurant instead of The Orchard. It was just us, Jenny & Kieran and their children and we had a lovely time. Rosie loved it and even did a decent job of blowing out her candles. Toby gave her a Sleeping Beauty suitcase and Jason and I gave her a Disney Princess play kitchen. Those of you who knew me before Rosie was born please do not remind me of the number of times I said that I would not buy loads of pink stuff for my daughter! Rules like that are made to be broken.

We had a great Halloween with our vampire and pink Power Ranger. Quentin Road was pretty quiet but we went over to see Toby's friend Teddy on Boyne Road and there were loads of trick or treaters. Lots of fun.

Tobes is back at school and they've been studying home architecture. We had our parent/teacher conference last week and the feedback was all good. Tobes has really settled in and loves his teacher, Mr Wilson. I've been busy with my new role as Secretary of the Friends Committee. We had a bake sale at the beginning of the month (note to self: rice crispy treats do not sell in England) and next week is a fundraising fashion show. I've also been revamping the Friends newsletter, typing up some pages for the handbook, making posters for the panto and collecting money for tickets. I'm really enjoying it all.

Jason has been travelling with work. Last week he was in Beijing and Singapore and next week he's in Miami. After that he shouldn't have anymore trips until the new year. Of course, that doesn't mean that things will calm down since we'll hopefully be moving by the end of the month. It's all still moving forward, though slowly. I've been making my plans for Christmas in the new place. I have an idea for a treasure hunt advent calendar for the children and a stack of menu ideas for the holiday period. All good things!

No comments: