
Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes! I've had a lovely day. I was woken up with cards and presents, including a heart-shaped box of chocolates which I love. After breakfast we started the day with birthday cake before Toby had to go to school. Jason took the day off work and he took care of Rosie while I went to have my hair done. I was going to go into town to shop but it was pouring with rain so I ended up at Bluewater, a huge shopping mall in Essex, and I shopped, had a nice quiet lunch, had coffee and actually read my book without interruption and had a very nice day to myself.
When I came home with more bags than I could carry we ordered Chinese and spent the evening together playing games and eating more cake. (The diet is obviously on hold.)
I love having time to myself, which is rare these days. I came home refreshed and full of ideas for a big family holiday next year. I read an article about the Trans-Siberian Railway when I was having my hair done. Jason and I talked about doing it before we had children but it wasn't a very child-friendly vacation the last time we looked into it. Last year they added a luxury train to the route and it's back on our list as a possible family vacation. We're also talking about Jordan, Egypt and Greenland. I'm definitely in the mood for planning a new adventure.
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We have presents for you!! :)
Post a Comment