A lot of talk about children, husbands, homes, food, travels and everything else that makes up domestic bliss.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
A recent column in The Times has been ruffling feathers with British women. I hesitate to give it further publicity but I'd like to hear your comments.
Ouch. I guess those anorexic models is his idea of beauty, oh and in his research he should have hung out in Wal-mart for a day might have balanced it out a bit more.
as a fat american,i find fashion in the UK hard to fit into, so maybe these plump people do too. and there is no room in the uk to store said clothes in fat, fatter and fattest sizes! as for the beauty products, soap and water work wonders for anyone! beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes clear thru! happy belated birthday, stylish woman! nana
The overall opinion in the article seems to be that American women are beautiful and healthy but shallow and boring while British women are fun and smart but fat and unattractive. It's amazing that this guy is still single!
Don't clock me - but I think he's a bit truthful that aging British women OFTEN do not look so hot. *runs and hides* However, I'm not talking about well maintained Brit here.. I'm mainly speaking of Brit Chav Grandmother by 30 types. I agree with Sean about Wal Mart beauties that the author seems to have forgotten about.
Oh no, I do see that there's some truth to the article. I think that's why it stings. My two favourite examples, which are extremes, are an American friend who had a very painful bikini wax while heavily pregnant so that she "looked nice down there" for the birth and an English friend who wore a gorgeous pair of red high heeled sandals to work but hadn't had a pedicure and her nails were actually fungal and her toes incredibly hairy!
6 comments:
Ouch. I guess those anorexic models is his idea of beauty, oh and in his research he should have hung out in Wal-mart for a day might have balanced it out a bit more.
as a fat american,i find fashion in the UK hard to fit into, so maybe these plump people do too. and there is no room in the uk to store said clothes in fat, fatter and fattest sizes! as for the beauty products, soap and water work wonders for anyone! beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes clear thru! happy belated birthday, stylish woman! nana
The overall opinion in the article seems to be that American women are beautiful and healthy but shallow and boring while British women are fun and smart but fat and unattractive. It's amazing that this guy is still single!
Don't clock me - but I think he's a bit truthful that aging British women OFTEN do not look so hot. *runs and hides* However, I'm not talking about well maintained Brit here.. I'm mainly speaking of Brit Chav Grandmother by 30 types. I agree with Sean about Wal Mart beauties that the author seems to have forgotten about.
Good lord I'm being judgmental today!
Oh no, I do see that there's some truth to the article. I think that's why it stings. My two favourite examples, which are extremes, are an American friend who had a very painful bikini wax while heavily pregnant so that she "looked nice down there" for the birth and an English friend who wore a gorgeous pair of red high heeled sandals to work but hadn't had a pedicure and her nails were actually fungal and her toes incredibly hairy!
Sorry but I have seen two births and there is nothing you can do to make it "look nice down there" when a head is coming out.
Post a Comment