I have always worried that Rosie would die very young. When I was pregnant with Toby and when he was first born I could imagine him as a child and a young man and even an old man. I've never been able to do that with Rosie. I've felt for a long time that at the age of three she would leave us or something very bad would happen to her.
Last night I had a very vivid dream that Grandma McClendon, who died early last year, came to get Rosie. Grandma was still old but she was happy and healthy and though I was sad to lose Rosie I was glad that at least she would be with Grandma. I hate dreams like that. It feels too much like a premonition.
I'm typing this now because when you have this kind of feeling and you tell someone then the thing you're worried about never happens. It's when you keep it to yourself that you think "I knew it and I did nothing about it!". So there. It's out on the wind, hopefully to be blown very very far away.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
kATHy, do you remember we thought we would lose nikki? we even had dreams about her being kidnapped. I worried and watched but you can see she is a old lady now and doing great. We all worry about our kids. Rosie will be one sexy woman and drive you and jason crazy and I hope I'm still around to see it all!!!! MOM
Post a Comment