





Jason just rang and he's on his way home from Heathrow. His trip went well and now he's home for a week before flying off again. I think it's Monte Carlo next time, though I could be wrong.
The children and I got back from Skegness Wednesday night and we're still recovering. Rosie slept 13 hours last night. She and Tobes were worn out. We had a great time. We went to the beach every day, went to the nature centre to see the seals and other animals, played arcade games on the pier, walked around the pleasure beach, ate a lot of ice cream and had a lot of fun. On Tuesday Barry had to go up to Sawtry to see Nana, who wasn't very well. He stayed overnight and then came back Wednesday morning and brought Nana with him. Nana is 93 now. It was good to see her and I was glad she got to see the children. They change so quickly.
While we were away the children both stayed up later than usual. They were so excited to be on holiday and staying in a hotel. One night we ordered hot chocolates and chocolate cake on room service which didn't really help them get to sleep but it was a nice treat. They loved seeing Barry and Brenda and would wake up every morning asking when we were going round to their house. We'll have to go back soon and next time we'll take Jason along.
Now we're back in London and it's hit me that Toby starts school in less than two weeks. At the same time we close on the house and start the renovations. I have a feeling September is going to be a busy, stressful month. I'm meeting with the builders this afternoon at the house to discuss the changes we want made and to get a schedule of works together so we can give our notice on this house and so I can book the removal company. I also need to hire a skip and have a big clear-out here before we move. I do not want to move rubbish from one house to the other.
In the meantime I've ordered Toby's school uniforms and some new name tapes. I decided to order the tapes with just our surname this time and hopefully Tobes can hand down some of his uniforms to Rosie. I won't hold my breath though. He tends to wear them out!
When Toby starts school Rosie starts ballet and a new playgroup. I need to get some ballet shoes and really focus on the potty training (which has been slow to say the least). Ho hum, I can feel the gears of life starting to turn again after a pretty laid back summer break. Walking back from the village today I could feel autumn on the air. In a few more weeks we'll be wearing sweaters and thinking about Christmas. Another cycle starts again...
1 comment:
I'm already wearing sweaters... heck, have been all "summer" !
Glad you're back.. we're off tonight to collect our little beachcomber. Then it's back to life as we know it!
:)
Post a Comment