OK, I've just discovered iTunes. Obviously I'd heard of it before but tonight I actually set up an account and two hours later I had spent more money than intended but had a lot of fun doing it.
My God, what a trip being able to think of a song, listen to it and then buy it! Genius. It started when I decided to put together a CD for our drive up to Skegness on Monday. I bought Gonna Make You Sweat and the Bond theme song for Tobes. I think he heard the first song at school and he's been singing the "everybody dance now" line for ages. Then, for a laugh, I looked up Barry Manilow. He was my first celebrity crush. The kids loved Copacabana so I bought it and then had to get Mandy, Even Now and I Write the Songs because I still love them and know all the words.
Then I moved on to a couple of Mika's songs which the children already like. After that it was the Go-Gos. We Got the Beat had us all playing air guitar. I also bought Our Lips are Sealed and Head Over Heels. The Go-Gos reminded me of singing into my Mr Microphone with Christy Pompa and how her Mom, Lynne, taught us to two-step and Cotton Eye Joe in their living room.
So... Tammy Wynette, George Strait and Randy Travis all had songs purchased as well. A little Kenny Rogers too. Some of this music I hadn't heard since I was a teenager two-stepping at Lee's Silver Fox with some cowboy or other. The memories were coming fast and hard, especially when I found You Look So Good in Love. I ended up teaching Tobes and Rosie how to two-step in the living room and danced until they both refused to dance with me anymore.
To get them moving again I went to MC Hammer and U Can't Touch This. Tobes actually blushed when I showed him my MC Hammer dance but eventually joined in. That got them going so I bought Young MC's Bust a Move too.
I know I have the cheesiest taste in music but now I can feed the addiction without embarrassing myself in some cool music store. Woo hoo!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I introduced MC to Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice.. I guess I just wanted to her to check out the hook while the DJ revolves it. :)
I'm killing myself today! Check out www.limewire.com .. not that I'm advocating finding music elsewhere...
:) Have a good trip!
Post a Comment