Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I was not paid for this advertisement...

If you live in the UK and grocery shop online you have got to check out mysupermarket.co.uk. I usually shop at Tesco but I've been thinking about swithcing to Ocado because they have shorter delivery slots. Tesco gives you a two hour slot but it's actually a challenge for me to find two hours at home when we're awake and not trying to get out the door.

Mysupermarket takes your order and compares it across online shops to show you the cheapest option. They even show you ways to save money within each store AND calculate the number of calories in your shop and show your lower calorie alternatives. Fantastic!

I ended up sticking with Tesco this time because Ocado was almost twenty pounds more expensive! Tesco even beat Asda, which is owned by Walmart. It'll be interesting to see how it works for things like the big Christmas shop.

2 comments:

eBeth said...

oooh - definitely cool!

eBeth said...

I just did mine based on my ocado favourites and the last order I made from them this week... it came out £2 cheaper than tesco and £5 cheaper than sainsburys.

I love Ocado - their customer service is fantastic and Waitrose groceries are really nice. Their drivers are always incredibly courteous as well.

BUT - £ talks and I will definitely be using that site from now on. Thanks for passing it on!