I sent in my absentee ballot a few weeks ago. No surprises about who I voted for. I'm so jealous that Jason is in the States tonight and will be there to watch it all unfold.
Rosie and I went to Costa this morning and while she played with her paperdolls I was able to read some editorials about the election. I was almost in tears with the excitement and emotion of it all. Marion came in (she's English but lived in the States for 20 years and has citizenship) and we talked politics. We both agreed that it would be nice to feel proud of America again and it's amazing to actually be optimistic at all. The last eight years have been a dark time.
My plan is to stay up as late as I can and see at least some of the first results come in. I went by our village grocery store this morning. They stock a few American products for the expats in Blackheath. I got some Reese's Pieces, some Oreos and some Kraft Mac & Cheese to make the evening authentic. One of the papers actually ran a recipe section for anyone having election parties. Their list of American foods included BBQ chicken and pecan pie!
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment