Rosie seems a bit better today. She's still coughing like a lifelong smoker and running a fever but the rash is starting to fade and she seems happier in herself. At least now she has the energy to bark orders at me from the sofa. "More Smarties!" "Where's my juice!" "What's that smell?!"
One very unfortunate side effect of the IV antibiotics that Rosie had over the weekend is raging diarrhea. It's her first bout of diarrhea since we got rid of the nappies and the first time it happened Rosie shouted from the bathroom "Mommy, brown water is coming out of my BOTTOM!" The poor thing has it so bad that I had to dig out an old pack of Pull-Ups for her. She ruined two pairs of pants and a pair of PJs (I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of mom who washes diarrhea out, it goes in the bin) and since she's sleeping in our bed while she's ill I started to fear for our bedding.
The rash has faded to a mottled purple colour. Annelouise has assured me that this is a good sign because it means that the rash isn't getting fresh blood. It does make her arms look an awful lot like a corpse but I'm trying not to think about that. She's happier overall and seems to have more energy though everytime she gets a bit excited it kicks off a coughing fit.
I've cleared the calendar for the next few days and we're sitting at home pottering around. I've managed to do some mending that's been waiting for weeks and I'm slowly catching up on the laundry. In a way, it's nice to just be here for a change. I was supposed to be taking the minutes of a PTA meeting tonight but with Jason away it just wasn't possible. Philippa was all set to babysit but I hate to think of Joe catching whatever it is that Rosie has. Oh well, an early night for all of us tonight.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment