Oops. Well, we were planning to wait until we had the results of tomorrow's ultrasound but I let the news slip a little early. We're pregnant!! 12 weeks yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good, had lots of morning sickness which is a good sign and just hoping for the best. I've been keeping a pregnancy blog at www.futersbaby2.blogspot.com and you're welcome to take a peek. I probably sound quite subdued but I think I'm holding my breath until the scan tomorrow. Trying to protect myself a little in case of heartbreak.
Spoke to J this morning and he's doing well but he's bored out of his mind. It looks like he's going to have to stay in the hospital all week because the appendix was gangrenous and perforated and they need to pump him full of antibiotics and make sure he's all cleaned out before he comes home. He's still on water only which is making him a little crazy. Tobes and I took him some fruit and chocolate yesterday thinking he would be eating this morning but he's asked us to take it home today. I think it's just too much temptation.
They're also going to transfer him to another hospital. I'm not sure why that's happening but I'll speak to the docs today. I would guess that he's just recovering and needs monitoring and they need his bed at Farnborough for more serious patients. The Americans reading this will probably be thinking 'What the...?!'. Hospitals in England just aren't as large as the ones we have in the States and the beds are quite limited. The National Health System is also run on a priority basis and now that J is past the worst he's dropped in priority. So he's going to be moved to another hospital that has a bed available. Sounds crazy, and it is.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that's like the time mary catherine had had a seizure and the paediatric a&e had to transfer us 30 minutes across town to a hospital that had a bed for her. it's crazy, but certainly understandable to me now that i'm more comfortable with english hospitals.
i just found out about j's surgery! yikes - can i be of any help? glad you didn't meet us at bluewater on sunday! let me know if you need me. 24.7.
Yes, the 'bad curry' turned out to be much worse than we expected! He's doing well though, just bored out of his mind now.
so happy for you all kath-once j is well it should be smooth sailing.
Post a Comment