Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lazy Sunday spent watching other people sweat

I thought it was 10,000 runners but apparently it was 35,000! When Rosie and I left the flat this morning it was surprisingly quiet. Apart from the fact that there wasn't a single parking place available on our street and half a dozen helicopters flying around, it seemed like a normal peaceful Sunday morning. By the time we turned off of Quentin Road we could see the police out in their dayglo jackets and the roadblocks up. The whole village was closed off but still fairly quiet. It was nice to walk down the middle of the road knowing that no crazy bus drivers would run us down.

We headed straight to Costa and the guys working there said it had been busy but not too crazy. There were a lot of unfamiliar faces drinking coffee which did feel strange as I often know every single person in the cafe. As Rosie and I left Marija walked up. Perfect timing. We walked down into the action to find J, Andy and the boys. The children ran around and we watched them take down the hot air balloons then wandered over to Montpellier's for tea and coffee. Afterwards the children ran around the heath some more then we headed over to Zero Degrees for lunch.

The afternoon has been even more lazy though J did go out and replace the spare tire on the car. We've had two flat tires in the last six weeks. Did you know that you can cause a flat by regularly hitting the curb? I did not know that. How on earth am I going to parallel park now?!

No comments: