

Toby had his first morning at St Margaret's today. He was very brave and he had a good time. J was home this morning for the big event. I made pancakes "like Nana's", one of Toby's favourites, and we had a fairly calm morning. Well, at least by our standards.
We all walked to school together, stopping for the occasional photo opportunity. Tobes looks so handsome in his uniform. When we got close Toby could see the older children playing football in the tennis court and he developed a death grip on Rosie's stroller. Once we got inside the school gates and found his friend from nursery, Thierry, Tobes was fine. He went happily into the classroom and was all smiles when I picked him up at noon.
He does a week of mornings, then a week of mornings plus lunch, then starts full days of 8.55 - 3.30. When I was waiting for him today I saw some of the children eating lunch in the hall. It was so sweet. The tables are laid with the cutlery and cups, everything in its proper place. The children go to a kitchen window for plates of hot food and there are pitchers of water on each table so they can help themselves. It all seems so grown up.
Amazingly, J and I didn't cry this morning. I think it's going to take a while to sink in that this is a big step for our family. J and I talked about it a little bit as we walked into the village. I've loved having babies. It's been the happiest time in my life so far and there's a part of me that would like to have another baby to prolong the experience. But then, we've been very lucky so far and things are so nice right now.... hmmm, maybe I should start thinking about what I want to do next.
No comments:
Post a Comment