Not a lot to say today. Went to view a flat in Blackheath but it needed too much work. It was Victorian and I swear it had the original wallpaper - and I don't mean that in a good way. Tobes and I went for hot chocolates afterwards and walked around the village. I loooooove Blackheath and really hope we can move there within the next 18 months or so.
Then I spoke to the boiler people again, no improvement on the situation. We've been fine though. My friend George gave me a pair of fleece pajamas for Tobes and he's tucked up fast asleep with two hot water bottles (yes, we really use them). I've got the heater on down here but it makes very little difference. When I get really cold I go in the kitchen and turn all the burners on high, open the oven door and toast myself. Works very well.
I did survive going up into the loft but must admit that I didn't get the heaters. I went out and bought a new one. I got the ladder out of the garden shed, got it upstairs with minimal damage to myself and the stairwell, got to the top of the ladder and started shining my flashlight around the darkness of the loft looking for the heaters. After about a millisecond every Stephen King novel I read in my teens started playing through my head. I just knew that the beam of my flashlight was going to suddenly fall onto a bloody dead hand or a psychotic clown hiding in the corner. I shimmied back down that ladder so fast I almost tore my tights. So I totally wimped out. I hang my head in shame.
Until I can get a permanent list up I thought I would share some of my favourite urls:
www.elizabethdunne.com : This is my friend Elizabeth's blog. She totally inspired me to give this a shot. I am completely in awe of her wonderful blog and you guys should check it out. Elizabeth is a fellow expat American, married to an Englishman, Southern gal, has a two year old (the gorgeous Mary Catherine whom Toby adores and is about the only child that he has never pushed or hit, it must be love). So we have a lot in common and once you read her blog you'll understand why I like her so much.
www.shutterfly.com : For sharing photos online, developing digital photos and making some great cards, albums, mugs, etc.
www.fertilityfriend.com : For anyone wanting to learn how to chart their temps to work out ovulation.
www.ovusoft.com : Another fertility based website but there are all kinds of discussion groups too that I love.
www.mumsnet.com : A UK site for Moms (or Mums, I should say) with information on all kinds of child related topics like the best double stroller, the best high chair, etc. Also some great discussion boards.
www.mrsmartypants.org : This is where I go for my daily Bold & the Beautiful update. I really miss American soaps!
http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/indexsnt.htm : I'm not religious myself but I am a lover of religion and I love this site. There are patron saints for almost everything. I can spend ages just reading through the lists and histories here.
www.makeupalley.com : For some girly research.
www.artfund.org : Where I held my last and favourite job before giving it all up for my current life of glamour. A really fantastic organisation.
www.tesco.com : I get a grocery delivery from them a couple times a month.
www.target.com : Where I go to drool over giant ice coolers, and frustrate myself by comparing everything to UK prices.
www.potterybarn.com : Another place I go to drool and curse the lack in international delivery.
Friday, January 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment