Monday, May 02, 2005

And speaking of Grandma

My Mom can be just as surreal. This is from a conversation about morning sickness this weekend:

"Well, I didn't have any sickness with you but I had a lot of indigestion with Jon but then he did have a lot of hair when he came out."

And this is what happened when I called Mom and Dad's house a couple of weeks ago:

[Phone is answered but no one says hello. Then I hear Grandma's voice in the background.] "Linda, here's the phone."

Mom: [From further away.] "Well, say hello!"

Grandma: "Naw, it's your phone."

[Sound of my mother's high heels tapping quickly across the tile in the living room and finally a very exasperated..] "Hello."

I'm going to see them on Saturday for almost three weeks. Sometimes it's like going to one of those Murder Mystery weekends where people are putting on a play around you and you're not quite sure who's in on the joke. I just sit back and watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

feel free to fly to atlanta and sit around in my living room if it gets to be too much in texas! toby can play with mary catherine's toys that are still out. grumpa and i can whip up some hamburger helper and we can have REAL cool whip on our instant pudding!