J took Tobes to school this morning so I've been catching up on odd jobs in the flat. Now Rosie is napping and the flat is so peaceful. It's raining again and I've turned off all the lights and cracked the windows. I do love the rain. I have lots of memories of sitting wrapped in blankets with Dad on our patio on Loyce and listening to the rain on the metal roof.
I made myself a cup of tea and while I waited for the kettle to boil I stood and leaned against the window. I love these old houses. The dirty bricks, the slate roof tiles, the old wonky chimneys. Even the drafty windows. I stood for a long time and just watched the rain.
It's getting to that time of year when I just want to wrap my arms around London. I'm already thinking about Christmas and the procession through the village. I wonder if Tobes will be a sheperd in the nativity play this year. I want to take the children ice skating at Somerset House. They have little sleds that Rosie can ride around in. I can't wait to see her all wrapped up in her winter coat, her little cheeks all pink with the cold. It's my favourite time of year.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mary Catherine's nativity is the 20th at 9am if you want to come along! You've made me all ready for cold weather now!
:) :) :)
Post a Comment