Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th!



The 4th of July is one of the American holidays that usually passes us by. I'm sure there are fireworks somewhere in London but it doesn't get dark until after 10.00 here in the summer which is just too late to do anything with the children. This year we did manage to acknowledge the day a little.

Toby's Sports Day was on the 4th and it was actually the perfect way to celebrate. Brenda, J's mum, came down and I made some tiny red, white and blue tarts (strawberry, raspberry, banana and blueberry) and we had some mums over for coffee in the morning. Afterwards we all went to the park for Sports Day. Amazingly the weather was sunny and warm and we picnicked under the trees with all the children. It was chaotic and messy and a lot of fun. In the evening J and I went out for dinner and a movie.

It had been two years since J and I managed an evening out and it was so nice to talk uninterrupted and just be out after dark.

No comments: