Friday, May 12, 2006

Enjoying my own company

J is home tomorrow so I thought I would make my last night of solitude a special one. It's hard work when J's away but I do enjoy having the evenings to myself once the children go to bed. I rented a French DVD that I've wanted to see for ages, 8 Femmes, and made myself a nice meal.

I found some really beautiful scallops today and cooked them with butter and a little bit of chili and ginger. I had them with angel hair pasta, gorgeous English asparagus and a very cold chardonnay. For dessert, chocolate mousse and English strawberries. British fruit and vegetables are usually exceptionally good but they do have short seasons so you have to pounce when they're available.

Now I'm going to bed with my book (Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections), my magazine (this month's Vogue) and will try to get to sleep before midnight.

No comments: