Well, it was a stabbing last night. The police came over a bit later and asked if we had seen anything. I told them what I had seen, which wasn't much. I don't have any more info about it but my guess is that it was some kind of domestic disturbance rather than a knife-wielding mugger. When I heard the lady shouting last night she was saying (grandmothers look away now) "I hope you're fucking proud of yourself! He's dead now!" and then something about hoping the guy's dick fell off. Not really what I would shout at an unknown assailant.
And I don't think the stab-ee actually died. There was an ambulance and I saw a man holding his stomach and crossing the road. He was walking on his own, wasn't covered in blood and looked more pissed off than in pain.
Oh, what a drama.
Friday, May 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
well, at least you can't hear creepers creeping up on you with their foot steps resounding off the pea gravel onto the stone building! or the foxes yelling. or the bin men at 4 am...just a little profanity and that never hurt anyone! liz tells me she does not worry about guns because they are illegal, now knives are a different story! sleep well as they used to say in america, the national guard is on duty. nana
i'd rather a knife than a gun any day, if i think about it. i'd expect that kind of behaviour in my hood not yours!
We get the foxes too but I kind of like them, except when they get in the bins. So strange to hear wild animals at night in the middle of London.
Post a Comment