Thursday, May 18, 2006

You Get What You Pay For

Lovely day yesterday. We went to our playgroup and it was nice to see familiar faces and feel a part of it all. One of the Mums was there with her new baby, a little boy named Magnus. Her little girl is two and is named Harriet. Sweet names.

The painter was still working in the flat so after playgroup we decided to go to Bluewater for lunch. It was great bombing down the A2 listening to the Black Eyed Peas, Van Morrison and Orson. Tobes and I were rocking out. John Lewis has a creperie, so after lunch Toby had a crepe for dessert. I bought a children's book about Paris called Crepes by Suzette about a lady who sells crepes all over Paris. When we went to Venice I bought Toby a book called Zoe Sophia's Scrapbook: An Adventure in Venice and it was fantastic. He was so excited when he recognised a building or sculpture in Venice and reading the book now helps him remember our trip. I'm hoping Crepes by Suzette will do the same thing for Paris. It's already started Toby's love affair with crepes!

When we came home the painter had finished. I think it's often very true that you get what you pay for. We went the budget route this time and hired a firefighter who does painting and decorating on his days off. It is true that every wall has paint on it but so did the floor and, in two cases, the paint used was the wrong one anyway. We have a white wall where there was supposed to be a red one and, while I was brushing my teeth last night, I noticed that the woodwork which is supposed to be gloss white was painted with satin paint. Oh well, it's an improvement on raw plaster.

1 comment:

eBeth said...

Can you tell me the name of the London book you have for Toby? Let me know if you want any books from Paris.
:)