J's at work in London, not far from one of the stations that have been hit. I've spoken to him twice and he says it's worse than they're saying on TV. There are bomb scares all over the city now and they've been told not to leave the office. J works right in the heart of the financial district which really frightens me. When I speak to him I can hear all the sirens in the background.
The latest theory I've heard is that this is phase one of a larger plan. First step is to disable the transport system and get the rescue and police crews busy. I desperately hope that that is just a conspiracy theory.
I'm watching BBC 24 and Skys News but my best source of quick info has been my British Mums online group. Lots of women watching different networks and sending in the details. You can see the continuing discussion here:
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=1372&threadid=90167
Thursday, July 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying for J's safe return home. So tragic something like this has happened. Brings back all the feelings of fear and uncertainty that embodied all Americans the morning of 9/11 in NYC. At least you have spoken with him, and know he is okay. My thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment