Friday, July 22, 2005

Seems all hell is breaking loose in London

Another crazy day in London. I've only heard bits on the news as Tobes and I were running errands all day but I did hear that the police actually shot and killed a suspect in a tube station this afternoon. I couldn't believe it. To put this into perspective for the Americans, I can think of only one other time that the police have had to shoot someone in over twelve years of my living in England. I'm sure there have been other times, but it's extremely rare. The police commissioner was interviewed and said that any loss of life is always regrettable but unfortunately the situation called for extreme measures. Can you imagine a US police chief saying it was unfortunate that they had to shoot a terrorist suspect?! Another thing I do love about the British is their respect for human life.

No comments: