Very tough day. After having a great day at school yesterday Tobes had a difficult one today. When I went to pick him up he was in the garden at recess. His teacher, Ms Suki, said that he had weed himself earlier and was quite upset but had been fine once he calmed down. Just as I was going to go downstairs to the garden I heard the unmistakable sound of my child crying his heart out.
Tobes had fallen on the playground and when the teacher picked him up he had an accident all over himself and the teacher's skirt. He was embarrassed and he was calling my name. The poor little thing was absolutely distraught. I calmed him down and comforted him and we went off to get cleaned up. As we were changing his clothes he told me, in between hiccups of tears, that he was so sad and that he had been calling for me. I swear I almost burst into tears myself.
Once we were in the car with the Gruffalo song playing he was fine, just wrung out from the day.
When we got home I had a message from our estate agent. We were supposed to exchange contracts last week but there's been a delay on the part of our buyers. They've been trying to purchase the freehold of their flat for their own sale and it's all being held up. The delay will be at least a week but probably more like two! I can't bloody believe it. After all the fuss they made about us changing the moving date and now they're delaying it all even further. The agent even asked if we wanted to put the house back on the market!! I think my head is going to explode.
There's normally three weeks in between exchange and the moving date. I have to speak to the solicitor tomorrow to see if that can be condensed down into one week if necessary. That is, if they get their freehold sorted out in time. I think our sellers will be fine with a delay. When we visited the flat she was saying that their house wasn't going to be ready until mid-October so they were going to have to stay with family or in a serviced flat for a couple of weeks if we closed at the end of this month. Her due date is approaching fast so they might be very happy to stay put for a bit longer.
Of course, my due date is approaching fairly swiftly too and if things are delayed by a couple of weeks we would be about two weeks away from the birth when we moved in. We'd have to cut back on our decorating plans and just make do for longer. Not the end of the world but, frankly, a real pain in the ass.
I think it's a very good thing that I picked up that message after the agent's office had already closed. I would've been down there in a heartbeat and I'm sure I would've embarrassed myself but I could just blame it on the hormones. Do you think a jury would convict me? Hopefully a good night's sleep will make things clearer and calmer in the morning.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh poor toby! big hugs to you both. :)
Post a Comment