Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ah chocolate, like kiddie cocaine



I decided to have a trial run with Rosie's birthday cake today. I've been debating making a cake that everyone can eat or just a little cupcake for Rosie. You can imagine that a dairy, wheat, egg, soya and nut-free cake might not taste so great. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. I found a milk and wheat-free chocolate mix and with a little substituting (it called for eggs) and playing around I managed to make something that's actually quite nice (and guess who got to lick the spoons).

It's more of a brownie than a cake but that ain't no bad thing. And with some chocolate drizzle and Rosie's name on top it should work quite well. Phew! I was so worried my baby wouldn't have a birthday cake.

[We went to a Halloween craft class at the library today, hence the orange ghosty T-shirts on the kiddos. I do like for my children to be dressed appropriately.]

No comments: