Thursday, October 19, 2006

Lurgy, lurgy and a movie

Illness continues. Rosie has started waking up in the middle of the night for a bottle, which is something she hasn't done in ages. I think it's because she lost weight from her tummy bug and is trying to make up some calories now. That's great. Fine with me. Just wish I could sleep through it somehow.

I've been fighting a bug and not sleeping very much, which hasn't helped. I hate being ill and can only tolerate about a day in bed before I get antsy. I decided to just ignore it, carry on as normal and ride it out. I've become one of those people that you see out and about, eyes streaming, nose bright red with something disgusting dripping off the end, and you think 'For God's sake go home and go to bed!'.

Finally, last night in desperation I got the children and myself ready for bed and we all went to sleep in 'Mommy & Daddy's bed' at 7.00. J slept in Toby's room to avoid the night wakings but miraculously we all slept through. I woke up this morning after twelve hours of sleep and felt... like crap. So it was off to the doc's to be told that I have a very bad sinus infection and need lots of drugs. I'm hoping that within a day or two I'll be as good as new.

I really want to get better because there are so many nice things to do. Toby has half term next week and I'm making plans for lots of activities and days out. We're also on that slippery slope to Christmas. They're hanging the village lights on the 29th and J is volunteering to help this year. It's always surprised me how much community spirit you can still find in a city as big as London. Our little village is like a little world of its own and I can't walk down the street without seeing familiar faces now. We have a Halloween party on the afternoon of the 29th, then Halloween itself, then Guy Fawke's Night on the 5 November with a huge fireworks display on the heath on the 4th, and then we'll be getting ready for our trip to Texas for Thanksgiving. Such a wonderful time of year.

Tomorrow Rosie and I are going to the Big Scream at the Greenwich Picture House. They're showing Marie Antoinette and I'm really intrigued to see it. We're going with Pete and Philippa and their new baby, Joseph. I'm really looking forward to some popcorn and a good film.

No comments: