We've discovered why the fire engines were here on Saturday night. On Friday night, or the early hours of Saturday morning to be precise, I opened my eyes to look at the clock. 6.23am. Suddenly the room was filled with bright white light followed a millisecond later by the loudest clap of thunder I've ever heard in my life. It was so loud that it woke Jason up. Now, this is saying something when you consider that J has slept through earthquakes, my screaming nightmares and an IRA bomb going off about 100 yards from our flat.
I said to J that it sounded as if the lightning had hit something close by to be so loud. He said something along the lines of 'hmmm' which translates into 'don't be so silly things like that don't happen in southeast London'. Apparently things like that do happen in southeast London because after the heavy rain on Saturday night our neighbor's chimney collapsed. It had been hit by the lightning. Bricks fell onto the roof, the pavement, and a car parked in front of their house. Needless to say, a lot of damage was done. The area is still cordoned off.
We've got it all on Quentin Road. Stabbings, acts of God, you name it. What we really need to lighten the mood is a streaker. I wonder if I could talk J into doing it?
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lightening in London??
Happens here on a regular basis. just two weeks ago, to be exact - but in London??
Post a Comment