Friday, February 18, 2005

Has it been a whole month already?

Just about time to start peeing on sticks again! This is the best time when we're trying for a baby. That time in between 'trying' and knowing for sure if we are or not. Right now, I can dream that I do have a little one in there snuggling in for a nine month stay. In a few days and few hundred tests I'll know for sure.

Saw a flat in Blackheath today and totally fell in love with it! It's a bit more than we were thinking of paying (isn't it always) but it's immaculate. We could move in and not do a thing to the place. After virtually rebuilding this house that sounds like heaven. It has three good-sized bedrooms, a huge bathroom and.... drumroll please..... a utility room with space for a dryer!! It's a dream home! The only issue is that the living room and kitchen are open plan, which I like, but there's no dining room and not a lot of space for a dining table. We'd have to get creative. It's a flat, so no garden, but it does have a roof terrace and it's about ten yards from the heath which is a huge park. I looooooove it. J is going to see it on Sunday and I know he's going to love it too. There have already been thirteen viewings though so I think we'll be in for a battle for it. I feel like we probably won't get it just because we haven't even put our house on the market yet and I would guess that someone else could move faster. I do think it's going to become the measuring stick against which we compare every other place we see from now on.

Toby starts preschool on Tuesday. They changed his days to Tuesday and Wednesday, which is fine. It gives us a day at home to rest after the weekend before we get busy again. I've got to write his name on all of his clothes, shoes, wellies, etc this weekend. Years and years ago Jason's mum gave me some tiny labels that say 'Futers'. She used them to label Jason's clothes when he was at school and now I'm going to use them for Toby's. I've had them in a drawer for so long and I used to get them out and dream about the child who might use them one day. Now he's here!

Tobes is getting excited about school. I received the information pack and this term they're going to be learning about shapes. We've been talking about what he'll do at school and about his teacher and going to the potty at school. Potty training has, unfortunately, come to a standstill. Toby started getting tense about it so I backed off. Hopefully once he sees the other kids using the bathroom he'll want to do the same.

OK, time to hit the grocery store. My Valentine treat for the guys is a trip to the theatre tomorrow. We're going to see a groundbreaking production of.... Postman Pat! I think Toby will love it. It's at Sadlers Wells and we're going to have dinner at Porter's in Covent Garden afterwards. Toby has Tumbletots in the morning so the poor guy is going to crash tomorrow night!

No comments: