Well, Toby is a schoolboy now. He had his second morning of preschool today and he's really enjoying it. Yesterday, I stayed for about an hour in the morning at the request of the Headteacher to help 'settle' Toby into preschool life. Toby took very little notice of me and I ended up sitting/squatting on a tiny chair in the corner watching him play with the other children. I arrived to pick him up fifteen minutes early, again at the request of the Headteacher, and arrived just as Tobes was getting upset about not getting a second biscuit. The children get a biscuit and a drink (milk or water) as a snack and Toby wanted more. Yep, that's my boy!
This morning Tobes ran into the classroom, chucked his coat and scarf in my general direction and didn't even look up when I said goodbye. Just waved over his shoulder as if swatting away a fly and said 'Bye, Mama!'. OK, I know my place.
The best bit was when I went to pick him up and he came running over to see me, arms outstretched, big smile on his face. My God, that made up for every sleepless night, every cookie crumb in my bed, everytime we went out and I realised that I had forgotten to brush my teeth because the morning had been so stressful. That's the only time this week that I really thought I was going to cry, and it was from absolute joy.
Still haven't abandoned my little obsession though and have been using up my stash of pregnancy tests. Five so far and five negatives. I did find a brilliant website that proves that some women are even more crazy than I am. The site is www.peeonastick.com and it's for POAS addicts like me. It even includes tips on dismantling tests to make ABSOLUTELY sure there is no line. Hilarious.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm SO glad that he's loving it and that it's been a great transition for you both.. much nicer that way. yay! xx
Post a Comment