At the church playgroup this morning another Mom came up to me as I was chatting and enjoying a cup of tea. She said "I'm sorry but I think your child is being a bit of a brute to some other children. Could you intervene?" I found Rosie in the play kitchen standing guard in front of the plastic fridge shouting and smacking the hands of any child that came near it. There was a small circle of crying children around her.
I know all children behave in such a way at one time or another but Rosie is particularly good at it. She's made children twice her size cry. She can be quite ferocious. Good lord, what is she going to be like when she's a teenager?!
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you know, i was pretty obnoxious in grade school. I got in trouble for telling a boy to kiss my butt. and I slapped a kid across the face in 3rd grade. just because someone said they didn't think I would do it. I've found that the older I get, the more quiet I get. Maybe that will be the case for Rosie. Until then, I'm going to read too much into her guarding a fridge and ask you if you're feeding the girl :)
Post a Comment