Saw the house on Manor Lane today and though it is really, really lovely it's just not quite right for us. It is a great house though. The front door is split and opens onto a little porch area and then there's a second door to enter the house. It has beautiful, original cornicing and ceiling roses and some of the original built in cupboards. Original floorboards, great garden and lots more.
The biggest problem was the kitchen which is tiny and we'd have to do a big extension which is expensive, disruptive and a pain in the ass. Also, the bedrooms were a bit small. And more importantly I just didn't get the feeling. Whenever we've purchases a property before I always had this feeling that it was just right. Regardless of details I could see us in it and it felt inevitable that we would live there. I didn't feel that with this house. I really wanted to feel it... but I just didn't. Oh well, maybe next time.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment