Went to Blackheath this morning to see The Flat. I rang the estate agent to double-check our appointment only to be told that the owners had decided to 'put everything on hold' for a while. Hmmmm, in estate-agent-speak I think that means that after the stampede of people wanting to view the flat they've decided to take it off the market for a while and then put it back on at a higher price. I was afraid it was too good to be true and it looks like I was right.
Thank goodness we had something else to look forward to today. Elizabeth (fellow Southern gal) and Andrew had invited us over for what can only be described as a feast. Elizabeth's Mom and Dad came over from Georgia and very kindly brought over some of my most favourite American delicacies. Now, when I say delicacies what I mean is American 'foodstuff' that probably wouldn't actually qualify as food under the European Trades Description Act. I'm talking Velveeta cheese, Hamburger Helper, Ranch Dressing, Jello Chocolate Pudding with Dream Whip and Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip cookies. So bad, but sooooooo good. Perfect comfort food after a disappointing morning.
So we ate and talked and laughed a lot and I lost all trace of my pseudo English accent as I enjoyed the friendly, open, uniquely Americaness of the evening. Heaven.
Nana & Grumpa and Elizabeth & Andrew - A great big Thank You!!
And just for anyone who might be counting:
Number of pregnancy tests so far: 2
Number of positives: 0
Still early days though.
Sunday, February 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As a fellow expat I totally understand. We also bring quantities of maple syrup, jello & the likes from Canada. You should have seen my husband trying to eat jello for the first time! It kept falling of his spoon! Alas, he doesn't care for jellopudding so itjust sits there because I know i'll pig out if i make it just for myself. ^-^
Good luck on the TTC!
oh i love jello pudding.. love it love it. k, thank you so much for coming to ours on sunday. we had an excellent time! i think i'm going to bring back more hamburger helper when we're home in april - it was so tasty!
Post a Comment